Sunday, May 1, 2011

Crayons and more crayons





Reasons why I love the thrift store, All the supplies I get from there...They allow me to full fill many of my ideas and create new ones...This crayon thing is not a new things but I had never tried it...I have the mold thanks to my friend and had no time to bake with it but I sure can use if for something else...And that is what I did...Three bags of crayons sorted and segregated later...The next step was as you can see above to strip the crayons, which took forever and made this awesome mess...I divided the crayons in colors and then began the process of breaking them and getting them ready for the oven... This is what the mold gave me....


 The colors look surreal and alive...I think these are just art on their own and shouldn't be used by any little hands...But I will give them as a gift to someone who has little hands that will use them and help revive these forgotten crayons...


Still have more colors to work with and this is what those colors have yielded so far...And still then I have more to go...Too bad I don't have more brown to make the pot part but I do have black and gray and silver left so maybe that will make a modern looking pot....Here are the others....




No comments:

Post a Comment