Monday, January 24, 2011

Source of Inspiration

What inspires me? Random things at various times...A couple of weeks ago I was watching a nature show when I saw one of the most beautiful creature I have eves seen...The sea slug comes in a variety of colors and shapes...Each more interesting that the next...They are poisonous and their colors and markings let predators know that they wont make a good snack...Precisely these colors and marks are what made me so happy to gaze at them...Prompting me to run to my computer and google "sea slugs"...

As I looked through all these amazing photos of these tiny yet dangerous creatures I fell in love...The colors were like Id never seen before...Brighter than any paint I have in my stash...The patterns on their bodies are something only the Divine can create...I was instantly happy and alive...I must paint these preferably in a large scale...I settled for 5x7's and have yet to complete one since the joy was short lived...

No comments:

Post a Comment