Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Constutitional Dog

 This jewelry box is simply called "Constitutional dog" due to its surface being covered in an aged copy of the constitution...Its one of those moments when you just don't know what to do with booth things and then click there it is, they belong together...
I had gotten this jewelry box in a thrift store and knew one day it was going to need a new look in order to find it a new home...I'm not all American by any means but on a trip to the Statue of liberty once when I was little I begged for one of these old looking copies of an important document...I always believed to have had
many past lives and items of antiquity remind my subconscious of those moments lived...

The Constitution spent many years in our home in a frame and then under a bed once the decor had been modernized...Time changed the paper to from cream to brown and made it very brittle...For me it was even the more amazing and ready to apply to a new surface...The dog sat there waiting for a new life and the two fit perfectly...I have no clue as to what each has to do with the other but for me they work lovely...So this dog jewelry box is now an all American Pup...Even though he probably made in China...but I wont tell if you don't...



Here is the link to my shop to view it for sale....





No comments:

Post a Comment