Monday, April 25, 2011

Experiments with Metal Bowl and Records


Just as its titled Experiments I did with a metal bowl and records to see what would happen when I baked them in the same setting and on top of the same object...This was very interesting since each record though vinyl yielded different results...Telling me that each was of different vinyl and had a life of its own... The one that has an Alvar Aalto look to it was the most problematic...I need as close as I can get to symmetry and this record was just hating on me...When it melted it was lopsided in symmetry then I turned it around to change the direction of the folds and still nothing...Then I placed it inside the bowl and hand worked it to this shape as it cooled...


The other three happened on their own pretty much...The one with the four sharp points looked like this but I molded the points out...I enjoyed this experiment very much and will do another with the same metal bowl but in the opposite position , right side up...These are the beginning of the Records for Plants series...Even though these make great bowls for decoration or for those keys you seem to loose every time...


No comments:

Post a Comment